Spanish Immersion Program for Preschoolers
REGISTRATION FOR 2017-2018 NOW OPEN!
Annapolis Language School’s full immersion model is based on children’s innate ability to acquire language at an early age. Experts agree that the earlier a child is exposed and begins to learn a new language the better. In infancy, even short periods of interpersonal exposure to a new language can make a big impact on brain development. Communication is ignited when content is engaging and personally relevant to the classroom community.
The children are in a total immersion classroom and the teachers interact with the children only in the target language. English will only be spoken to address behavioral problems, but the target language will be used before English.
Children do not need to be potty trained to enroll. Class is without caregiver.
A child’s day may include art, crafts, music and singing, stories and many other enjoyable and creative activities. Our goal is to make learning another language exciting and fun, allowing the children to learn through play, without noticing that they are learning a new language.
Benefits of learning a Foreign Language at an Early Age:
Researchers have discovered that children who learn a language outside of their native tongue have a multitude of cognitive benefits:
- They score higher on standardized tests in math and reading.
- They have increased creativity.
- They have increased mental flexibility.
- They have better listening and memory skills.
- They are more open and have a greater appreciation for other cultures.
- They have improved self-concepts and sense of achievement.
When filling out the enrollment application, please mark 1st, 2nd, 3rd and even 4th choice if available. In the event that some classes are already filled or do not receive sufficient enrollment, we will be able to place your child in the alternative class of your choice. You’ll be notified as soon as possible of placement.
You must pay the first month’s tuition by September 1, 2017. In this way you will accept the placement and THIS PAYMENT WILL BE NON-REFUNDABLE. If the first tuition payment is not received by September 1, 2017 we will assume you are not accepting the placement and we will offer the place to someone on the wait list.
Print out application (PDF), fill out, mail to Annapolis Language School.
Application deadline: August 15, 2017
Check for $50 must accompany application (refundable if not accepted) –PLEASE MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO ANNAPOLIS LANGUAGE SCHOOL
September 15, 2017 acceptance letters to those on the wait list will be sent.
All checks payable to Annapolis Language School
Tuition checks are due by the 5th of the month or a $25 late payment fee will be charged.
Ages: 2 to 4 years
Class size: 5-10 (minimum of 5, maximum of 10)
- 1 day/week $200 per month
- 2 days/week $300 per month
- 3 days/week $400 per month
- 4 days/week $500 per month
- 5 days/week $600 per month
September 11, 2017 — June 1, 2018
Times: 9:30am – 12:00pm
Schedule (subject to vary):
- 9:30am – 9:45am Arrival/ Free Play
- 9:45am – 10:00am Circle Time
- 10:00am — 10:15am Sing Songs
- 10:15am — 10:30am Snack (provided by parents)
- 10:30am — 11:15am Arts and Crafts
- 11:15am — 11:45am Active Play (outside on the playground on nice days)
- 11:45am — 12:00pm Reading/ Pick Up
UUCA (Unitarian Universalist Church of Annapolis
333 Dubois Rd.
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Application Forms are available online! Click Here for the PDF version.
Inclement Weather Policy:
Our program does not follow Anne Arundel County Public Schools inclement weather policy:
- If AACPS schools are CLOSED for bad weather, we are CLOSED.
- If AACPS schools are open LATE for bad weather, we will open at 10:30am and close at 12:30pm.
- If AACPS schools are closed EARLY for bad weather, we are OPEN.
Contact Us With Any Questions